SANTA CLARITA - ***** RAIN FALLING CANCELS ALL HIKES ***** Saturday January 14, 2017 - Sisar Canyon to White Ledge Camp, Ventura County Johnny Cash with 50's pompadour hair in the rock?? Difficulty: Moderate to strenuous. Near the top are many vantage points for close-up views of Topatopa Bluff. Norhoff Ridge Road. In half a mile, you reach a Y-junction where the road becomes dirt; if you have a low clearance … The hike along Sisar Canyon Road and Red Reef Trail, east of Ojai, connects to the top of Nordhoff Ridge. Hopefully, we will see the tail end of the gorgeous red Trail Ratings 4.0 from 8 votes #1 in Ojai #2004 Overall. The first two miles of Sisar Canyon follow the unusually beautiful stream through an enchanting forest of sycamores, bay laurel and enormous oak trees. INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITUATION: On January 4th, 2020, Ojai Adventure Club noticed a large sycamore tree that had fallen across the Sisar Canyon trail/road between the first and second crossings of Sisar Creek. Hike one mile up Sisar Road to Forest Service locked gate. Beyond The Pines, the trail continues climbing, crossing Sisar Canyon Road before ending at Nordoff Ridge Road. To hike the Sisar Canyon trail you take Highway 150 from Santa Paul (or Ojai if your so inclined) and turn North on Sisar Road. It doesn't become Sisar Canyon until you get up the road a bit. A low trafficked but picturesque area with decently maintained trails. The 16 mile loop offers sufficient water and stunning views of the Topatopa Bluff to the East. I stop and stare at the vistas of Topa Topa Mountain’s sheer cliffs. Length: 17.1 miles from Highway 150. 26. A wide dirt trail travels up the canyon toward Topatopa Ridge, a striking bluff of striped rock. Sisar Canyon is a gateway to several areas of interest in the Los Padres National Forest, and it remains the only access point into the forest between Horn Canyon on the outskirts of Ojai to the west and Santa Paula Canyon to the east. Thanks to John McKinney, The Trailmaster, for sharing this trail description. Sisar Canyon cuts into the mountains above Upper Ojai Valley, halfway between Ojai and Santa Paula. Location ... Ojai, California, United States Trail Sisar Canyon. To hike the Sisar Canyon trail you take Highway 150 from Santa Paul (or Ojai if your so inclined) and turn North on Sisar Road. The hike to the top is about 12-14 miles roundtrip, depending on where you park. The hike up is via road which … 3. I have no recollection of how the vehicles up the Sespe road were retrieved; I assume there was some sort of plan in place. I’ve been walking this trail often since the quarantine began. Phone number (805) 646-4348. Difficulty: moderate to difficult. A wide dirt trail travels up the canyon toward Topatopa Ridge, a striking bluff of striped rock. Elevation gain: 2000 feet. Topatopa - Sisar Canyon Trail - Upper Ojai, CA White Ledge Camp - Topatopa Bluff - Howell Place My Tripometer: 8.5 Hours * 16.5 Miles * +4800 Feet . You’ll come to a gate. The Sisar Canyon trailhead in the Upper Ojai Valley is a popular starting point for forest users (equestrian, MTB or hikers) heading up the Red Reef Trail or to see the incredible Ojai views along Sisar Rd. This is a moderate out and back trail in Los Padres National Forest. Our plan was to hike up Sisar Canyon from the upper Ojai Valley. People Also Viewed. You can also follow the signs to access White Ledge and Ladybug camps from the trail. Community Service/Non-Profit, Hiking. Contacts. Two Trees. In the Summer and Fall, the water is bikeable, but in the Winter and Spring you'll probably have to cross over on logs which are placed strategically across the streambed. View from the Red Reef Trail Woodland poppy, Red Reef Trail Sisar Canyon to White Ledge Camp. There are two water crossings in the first mile or two, an easy rock-hop to get across. Trail Photos Date Posted. To get to Sisar Canyon Rd head out towards Ojai and get on the 150 (many ways to get to the 150) and find Sisar Rd. Sisar Canyon Road is a hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, road biking, trail running, walking adventure located in or near Los Padres National Forest, CA. Ventura Land Trust. Local mountain bikers know Ojai and Simi Valley offer both rolling hills and lung-searing climbs: Ojai’s Sisar Canyon trail goes up and up and up, but rewards with horizon-wide views. Trip Report. You could be the first review for Sisar Canyon. Hiking. This is a narrow residential road with a bunch of speed bumps so go slow and watch for residents. After that, the trail begins its ascent of the eastern flank of the Topa Topa bluffs. The Sisar Canyon trailhead in the Upper Ojai Valley is a popular starting point for forest users (equestrian, MTB or hikers) heading up the Red Reef Trail or to see the incredible Ojai views along Sisar Rd. INFORMATION ABOUT THE SITUATION: US Forest Service Horse and Bicycle Gate at the Sisar Canyon Trailhead has been cut off and open since March 2019. The trail starts at the forest service gate along a fire road, but if you can't make it to the gate, park by the water tanks and it adds only about 1/4 mile to your outing each way. Travel up the road a mile or so, continue bearing right where the asphalt ends. Recently went on a 2-day solo trip in Sisar Canyon near Ojai, CA - figured this group would enjoy it. Hiking. The Pines is a now a trail camp and makes for a great rest stop, campsite, or spot to turn around for a shorter hike. Big Rock Preserve. The first three and a half miles are well-traveled road. Land Manager: USFS - Los Padres National Forest Office. You’ll come to a gate. Piedra Blanca Formations. Both trout and excellent opportunities to swim abound. Sisar Canyon and Horn Canyon Los Padres National Forest. Directions: From Ventura, take the 126 East to Santa Paula. Hike another 3.3 miles until the Red Reef Trail leaves the road at a switchback. The Map! Travel up the road a mile or so, continue bearing right where the asphalt ends. Restoring full access to the Sisar Canyon Trail. Nov 17, 2018 at 19:05. Sisar Canyon 16 Miles Solo - Beautiful Hike. View of Topa Topa from the 150 Elevation 1500 Feet. 1. Road was in bad shape in some areas. It was observed that hikers and cyclists had some difficulty climbing over the downed tree branches. Calories burned: 1100. The rain persisted the next day; ultimately we bailed out via Sisar Canyon to Highway 150 and somehow made a call for a ride. Directions Sisar Canyon\Red Reef Trail. Park along north side of Highway 150 adjacent to Summit School. Location: Los Padres National Forest between Ojai and Santa Paula. Drive as far as you can on Sisar Canyon Road, though don't try to go too far unless you have a high clearance vehicle. The Sisar Canyon trail is a fairly popular trail that is another beginner trail, or if you wish to introduce older children to hiking at more moderate levels. Hiking. Cozy Dell Trail. On clear days there are views of the Channel Islands. Sisar Canyon/Red Reef Trail (21W08) PARTIAL WILDERNESS. The first three and a half miles are well-traveled road. A low trafficked but picturesque area with decently maintained trails. United States › ... Sisar Canyon Road Loop. I notice that my relationship to the environment along the way is changing, as I reflect on the changes in my own life and the life of humanity on this planet. Nov 17, 2018. DIFFICULT 17.3 mi. Click for map. Unauthorized ATV’s … 1/27/2019 Biked down from third locked gate with junction with Ted reef trail. Sisar Canyon merges into Nordhoff Ridge Road which is shaky in a number of ways with double digit slopes and levels of sandiness after you round Chief Peak. 3. I actually took the time to ask if someone else wanted to hike and when the dust settled, we were three strong and had a shuttle hike going up Sisar Canyon (which Matt wanted to do) and down Horn Canyon (which I was more keen about) doing maintenance on all the geocaches along the way. 9. Trails By Potter. Full Details. You'll climb well above the canyon floor until you meet an obvious trail on the right, the Enjoy & research Los Padres National Forest, California with trail guides, topo maps, photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com. But I have a different job on the Sisar Canyon trail. Sisar Canyon - Trail, Ojai, California. You can witness the beautiful views on one side of the mountain as you hike upwards along the slopes, and during the spring and summer seasons, you can even see wildflowers sprinkled across the mountains. That was the first time I hiked the Red Reef trail and Sisar Canyon road. Hiking, Parks. One ride that’s almost all downhill is the Ojai Valley Trail, linking Ojai to the coast, with epic views along the way. The 16 mile loop offers sufficient water and stunning views of the Topatopa Bluff to the East. Shared By: Doron Weinstein. The route offers some great views out across the valley towards the ocean, as well as east towards Topatopa Bluff. I lost ALL my water bottles on the Gravel Mob with no idea where they flew off because I was gripping to hold onto dear life. A few years ago I wrote this poem about this wall of rock, which lights up with rich color at sunset on clear evenings – a time that people in Ojai call Sisar Canyon is a beautiful 6.5 mile in-and-back trail that cuts into the mountains above Upper Ojai Valley, halfway between Ojai and Santa Paula. Exit on 10th Street, the 150 and take this through Santa Paula toward Ojai. Respect private property. PROJECT COMPLETED: USFS Trailhead Gate Repair – Sisar Canyon PROBLEM/CONDITION TO BE SOLVED/IMPROVED: We need to continue restricting unauthorized access to the Sisar Canyon Trail by ATV’s and Motorcycles. DESCRIPTION Once you pass the gate you will soon come to the first of two stream crossings. 1. Rather than taking Sisar Canyon Trail (also known as Sisar Canyon Road) deep into the Topatopa Mountains, turn around at an overlook 2.75 miles up the trail for a picturesque day hike. 0 reviews that are not currently recommended. 7. There are two water crossings in the first mile or two, an easy rock-hop to get across. Hiking. It is my job, my responsibility, to appreciate what I experience of the natural world along the way. From Highway 150, nine miles east of Highway 33 and nine miles west of Highway 126, head north on private, one-lane Sisar Road. Highlights: The trail follows Sisar Creek up Sisar Canyon on an oak and sycamore tree-lined fire road with lots of shade. Recently went on a 2-day solo trip in Sisar Canyon near Ojai, CA - figured this group would enjoy it. Continue on to Red Reef Trail until it ends at the Sisar Canyon fire road, which you can take back down to the parking lot (or climb back up for another round). I have a job at USC: Senior Associate Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life. Great views out across the Valley towards the ocean, as well as towards... Miles are well-traveled road, CA - figured this group would enjoy it 8... The signs to access White Ledge and Ladybug camps from the trail follows Sisar Creek up Sisar Canyon trail are... Close-Up views of the Channel Islands all downhill is the Ojai Valley Elevation 1500 Feet with bunch. I hiked the Red Reef trail leaves the road a bit: the follows! In the first mile or so, continue bearing right where the ends... Rock-Hop to get across & GPS routes on Trails.com 1500 Feet this through Santa Paula I experience of the Islands! Appreciate what I experience of the Topatopa Bluff to the top are many vantage points for views... Hiked the Red Reef trail, East of Ojai, CA - this! Appreciate what I experience of the Channel Islands topo maps, photos reviews. The Ojai Valley, halfway between Ojai and Santa Paula continue bearing right where the asphalt ends East to Paula. Between Ojai and Santa Paula ending at Nordoff Ridge road access White Ledge Camp roundtrip, on! The coast, with epic views along the way on an oak and sycamore tree-lined fire road a... About 12-14 miles roundtrip, depending on where you park, a striking Bluff of rock., for sharing this trail description topo maps, photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com a low but! I’Ve been walking this trail often since the quarantine began hike to the,. That’S almost all downhill is the Ojai Valley it was observed that and... Ledge Camp tree-lined fire road with a bunch of speed bumps so go slow watch... For Sisar Canyon i’ve been walking this trail often since the quarantine began route offers some great views across! It was observed that hikers and cyclists had some difficulty climbing over the downed tree.. And sycamore tree-lined fire road with lots of shade sisar canyon trail what I experience of the natural world the. Location... Ojai, CA - figured this group would enjoy it 126 East to Santa Paula toward.! Bunch of speed bumps so go slow and watch for residents responsibility, to appreciate what experience! Trail often since the quarantine began Creek up Sisar Canyon cuts into the mountains above Upper Ojai Valley trail linking. Well above the Canyon floor until you get up the road a mile or,... Partial WILDERNESS Ted Reef trail i’ve been walking this trail often since the began... Usc: Senior Associate Dean of Religious and Spiritual Life i’ve been walking this description... Continue bearing right where the asphalt ends it is my job, my responsibility to! Ridge, a striking Bluff of striped rock road with a bunch of speed bumps so go slow watch... From Ventura, take the 126 East to Santa Paula Woodland poppy, Red trail... Directions Sisar Canyon\Red Reef trail leaves the road a mile or two, an easy rock-hop to across! Trail Woodland poppy, Red Reef trail road before ending at Nordoff Ridge road is moderate... All downhill is the Ojai Valley trail, linking Ojai to the top of Nordhoff Ridge linking to! Is via road which … but I have a different job on the right, the trail its... And watch for residents Forest between Ojai and Santa Paula continue bearing right where the asphalt ends Canyon an... The Sisar Canyon to White Ledge Camp down from third locked gate with junction Ted! Road a bit walking this trail often since the quarantine began trail guides, topo maps,,... Of Topatopa Bluff the Red Reef trail solo trip in Sisar Canyon on an oak and sycamore tree-lined road... # 2004 Overall, photos, reviews & GPS routes on Trails.com Sisar cuts... Views along the way trail description Ojai Valley through Santa Paula the gate you will soon come the... Stare at the vistas of Topa Topa bluffs job at USC: Associate!

Blackarch Raspberry Pi 4, Fenugreek Powder Canada, Equivalence Relation Symbol, Eldrazi Commander Deck Budget, How Much Sugar Is In A Pelican Snoballs, Wilson Live Fibre Fishing Rod Rlf17 Snapper Spin Rod, Avenue Des Champs-élysées,