Water resistance: The All-new Kindle is not water-resistant, while the Kindle Paperwhite is IPX8-rated to survive in two meters of water for up to an hour at a time. Designed exclusively for Amazon All-new Kindle paperwhite 10th Generation, 2018 Release. (Not Fit All Paperwhite Generations Prior to 2018, Kindle or Kindle touch). The USP of ebook readers is that they are signifi… Amazon Kindle is indeed a dedicated e-reader that punches above its weight.The Kindle is by far the world’s most popular e-reader and Amazon invests heavily to continuously update the product with new features.Can you believe the first Kindle was released back in 2007 and was priced at $399?Today, the basic Kindle sells for less than one-third of that and is thinner, lighter, and faster than ever before.This is the beauty of a company l… It was good, but the lack of illumination was a big problem for me. Ayotu Water-Safe Case for Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation-2018) - PU Leather Smart Cover with Auto Wake/Sleep - Only Fit Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation 2018 Released, K10 The Library. The Kindle Paperwhite’s display is the same size, but has 5 LEDs (so it’ll be brighter), and a higher resolution of … Also, it is water resistant. Note: When you purchase something after clicking links in our articles, we may earn a small commission. Please note, these are for the newest Kindle devices so they may not work if you have an older … One of the best decisions I made this year. The software is again unified across all Kindle … But if money is tight, buy the kindle. The storage has been doubled to 8GB, though. An additional $20 will get you ad-free versions of these e-book readers if you really hate ads. Please note: ANY piracy talk (including website names) will result in removal of your thread/comments and a temp ban at a minimum. As far as I know, the higher PPI of PW 7th gen is the only advantage it has over 10th gen kindle basic, right? PCWorld helps you navigate the PC ecosystem to find the products you want and the advice you need to get the job done. This Kindle Comparison Chart compares the differences of all Amazon Kindle generations between the Amazon e-book readers and amazon tablets. You can check that out, [–]sky_high97[S] 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (2 children). As PCWorld's Executive Editor she leads PCWorld’s content direction and covers productivity laptops and Chromebooks. I bought the one with 8GB storage (pretty unnecessary, imo), although they released one with 4GB storage just the next month. The last 5% are only quality of life improvements... [–]SarahC 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (1 child), "A warm white LED instructable of the Paperwhite! Now that the 10th gen Basic has a built-in light, should I buy it, or buy the old Paperwhite(7th gen)? My husband and I want different things from our E-readers, so I chose Kindle Paperwhite and my husband chose Fire. Just go for Paperwhite if you want an upgrade. [–][deleted] 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (0 children), Spend the extra cash and get a Paperwhite, [–]rff1013 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (0 children). We have tried various Kindle models at my house and recently purchased new Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Fire models.Which is the best Kindle for you? Failing to do so will end up on your post being removed and/or your account banned. … Cloth case covers will be available for $29.99 from Amazon in four colors: Charcoal, Cobalt Blue, Punch Red, and Sandstone White.Â, Clearly Amazon’s All-new Kindle has had to cut a few corners to be affordable. Till now, only more expensive Kindle devices had the water-resisting capabilities. [–]errandum 7 points8 points9 points 1 year ago (2 children). Rendered by PID 13329 on r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 at 2020-12-04 16:00:12.575047+00:00 running a7f2daa country code: BR. All new Kindle basic(10th Gen) vs Paperwhite(7th Gen) (self.kindle). The All-new Kindle boasts a 6-inch, 167 ppi (pixels per inch), 4-LED display. Finally, the Kindle Paperwhite’s display is flush with the front of the device, while the All-new Kindle’s display is slightly recessed from the bezels.Â, Storage: The All-new Kindle has just 4GB of storage, compared to a choice of 8GB or 32GB on the Kindle Paperwhite.Â, Battery: While the devices are actually very similar in dimensions and weight, their battery life differs greatly. Before Paperwhit… Kindle Oasis now has additional yellow LEDs (shooting the total up from 12 to 25) that can help adjust the color temperature to warmer tones. We’ll let you know more if we have a chance to review the product. All new Kindle basic(10th Gen) vs Paperwhite(7th Gen). That really depends on what you want it to do. A few years ago, this would mean the difference between features like a touchscreen, better contrast on … [–]siriusblue0_0 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (1 child), [–]Middle__ 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago (0 children). Kindle Fire VS. Kindle Paperwhite. Get an ad-free experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit. And you would be right. and join one of thousands of communities. Melissa Riofrio spent her formative journalistic years reviewing some of the biggest iron at PCWorld--desktops, laptops, storage, printers. And it’s still noticeably slower than our Kindle Oasis 2. This update automatically downloads and installs on your Kindle Paperwhite when connected wirelessly; … A fabric exterior and magnets that stick the cover to the back while reading set this case apart from the competition. ", Buy some colored cellophane. [–]kepler2Kindle 8th Gen 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago (0 children). ... MORE: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (2018) Review. (GF gift) Freezing🥶 stay at the beach in Ireland 🇮🇪. Fire tablets are not Kindle e-readers. Still, Amazon is offering some nice features for the price, including:Â, Many users will be looking at the All-new Kindle and wondering, what are the trade-offs for the lower price? It has the same 6-inch, black-and-white, 300 ppi (pixels per inch) display as the previous generation, but the new Paperwhite adds an additional LED light. use the following search parameters to narrow your results: This subreddit is for everything Kindle e-reader related. The new Kindle 10th gen is not worth it. If you had a kindle before you might even ask, what has changed? Let’s first address the major change. (Make sure to add a case for your kindle paperwhite … The Paperwhite, on the other hand, is available in 8GB and 32GB models. (For more Kindle reviews and how-to’s, go to our Kindle product roundup.) It shouldn’t come as any surprise that both tablets have identical access to Amazon’s vast ebook store. Announced Wednesday and due to ship April 10, the All-new Kindle starts at $89.99 with Special Offers (ads) enabled—$10 more than the starting price for the prior generation. The Kindle Paperwhite is as if the Kindle went through puberty. Did they state it officially or is it rumor? If you have the money, paperwhite, for the reasons others mentioned. Made from … Chess on Paperwhite 4 Experimental Browser, Adding a popsocket to my kindle has actually been one of the best things ever... and it’s so cute, Just a lazy cloudy Friday....when you finish all your office work already :). Quick Rules: Your eyes deserve it, especially if you read a lot. When posting in r/Kindle, make sure you adhere by our guidelines. It’s great that now, even Paperwhite … Kindle is a great choice, but there are so many options! Having said that, the loo… You're referring to the 10th gen Paperwhite, right? [–]siriusblue0_0 3 points4 points5 points 1 year ago* (3 children), My experience with 10th gen Kindle (Paperwhite) has been better. The All-new Kindle will come in white and black case colors. TERSELY Slimshell Case Cover for All-New Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation-2018), Smart Shell Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature for Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 10th Gen (Galaxy) 4.6 out of 5 … Kindle Fire Kindle Paperwhite; Screen: 7" touchscreen … Just go for Paperwhite if you want … Finally gave in and switched to reading on a Kindle than physical books. At first glance, it is very … Is 300 PPI of PW good enough that I spend 20-25 $ extra for it? Read our, Learn more about PCWorld's Digital Editions, All-new Kindle starts at $89.99 with Special Offers, Amazon All-new Kindle Paperwhite with Special Offers, Glare-free, adjustable front lighting for easy reading day and night, Improved E-Ink technology for crisper text, Capacitive touch for fewer mistaken swipes as you read, A three-month trial of the Kindle Unlimited service (access to a large library of content without per-product fees), normally $9.99 monthly. Flush lighting is better, the touch is better and it also has dark mode. Additionally, while the new base model Kindle is more affordable than the Paperwhite… Have questions before you buy a Kindle product or accessory? =). I used to own a Kindle Basic(8th gen). Not much has changed in the design of the kindle. Head over to: r/kindlefire. The performance and software are largely the same. The 10th-generation Kindle Oasis ($249) faces stronger headwinds than ever before, and now they're coming from within Amazon. The differences are in resolution and brightness. It’s thinner, lighter, and more robust than the Kindle. Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc. I love the design and its sleek which is easy to hold for a long time. We have a new, free software update available for your Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation). Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen Review: Performance and Software. Executive Editor, Are you considering a new Kindle ereader? For many people, though, the affordable price could outweigh the compromises. When a device or company’s name becomes synonymous with a product category, then you know that the device or company has become very successful in that category. REDDIT and the ALIEN Logo are registered trademarks of reddit inc. π Rendered by PID 13329 on r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 at 2020-12-04 16:00:12.575047+00:00 running a7f2daa country code: BR. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. Kindle Paperwhite. The bezels are raised from the screen which gives you a bit of grip to hold on to. For instance, the fourth generation Paperwhite is actually part of the 10th generation of devices, while the third generation Paperwhite is part of the seventh generation. Amazon estimates four weeks of life from a full charge for the All-new Kindle, while the Kindle Paperwhite can last up to six weeks from a full charge.Â, Connectivity: The All-new Kindle is Wi-Fi-only, while the Kindle Paperwhite offers a cellular option on its 32GB version for additional cost.Â. Love it already. Amazon dropped the Kindle name from the tablets a few years back. In the meantime, stay tuned to our Kindle product roundup for news as it arises, or check out the alternatives in our roundup of the best e-readers, including Kobo and others.Â, The All-new Kindle (10th generation, 2019) will come in black and white case colors.Â. Join our friendly members. I also have the Kindle 8th gen. It has the same screen resolution, PPI but with a slight redesign and 4 light leds. The new Kindle 10th gen is not worth it. Select the light orange one, cut to shape, and drop over the screen. For example, people usually say Xerox instead of photocopy, iPod instead of MP3 player, and of course, Kindle instead of e-book reader. But this kindle paperwhite 10th gen has inbuilt light which makes my night reading experience fantastic. Want to know more about any of the products? We’ll go through the highlights here.Â, Display: The All-new Kindle sports a 6-inch, 4-LED screen with 167 ppi. It will cost $109.99 without Special Offers (you can also disable Special Offers later, for a fee).Â, Because the All-new Kindle is still the lowest-end model, you can’t expect it to have all the perks of the midrange Kindle Paperwhite, which is our pick for the best Kindle for most users; let alone the Kindle Oasis, which has every imaginable e-reader bell and whistle—and a price to match. In this part, I will compare Kindle Paperwhite 3 with Kindle Fire (5th generation) by features. 300 PPI of eye fatigue prevention goodness is definitely worth it. It also prevents you from making accidental swipes. Kindle Voyage vs Kindle Paperwhite: Content, Stores and Pricing. Like many gadgets, the Kindle line follows the "good, better, best" marketing strategy. You may or may not receive a reason. Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation) 5.13.3; Download Software Update; View Release Notes; Kindle Oasis (9th Generation) 5.13.3; Download Software Update; View Release Notes; Kindle (8th Generation) 5.13.3; Download Software Update; View Release Notes; Kindle Oasis (8th Generation… (7th generation vs 10th generation) Hi everyone, I am planning to buy a kindle paperwhite, I previously owned a Kobo Aura 2 reader and I was very pleased with its lighting, but it broke and I got … There are a few e-book readers available in India, however, if you talk to people about e-book readers, chances are, they will use th… The glossy finish won't matter because it's being used at night. Select below to view only those posts (sorted by "New"), Tech Support | Tip/Guide | Filter out "My Kindle" posts. The all-new, entry-level Kindle is only available with 4GB of storage. The Kindle Paperwhite’s display is the same size, but has 5 LEDs (so it’ll be brighter), and a higher resolution of 300 ppi. But having to wear a face shield the whole flight caused me some eye strain 🥺, Using my Kindle for the 1st time. The warm lighting doesn’t exactly work like the Blue light filter on our phones. This comparison will help you to choose the best kindle that fits your needs. Come on, be considerate of the creators. Upgraded from basic 10th gen to an Oasis! All-New Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover (10th Generation-2018), Black. Our Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen) isn’t any faster than the last generation model. The buttons sold me. Here are the best Kindle cases for the 10th generation Basic, Paperwhite, and Oasis. © 2020 reddit inc. All rights reserved. The Kindle Paperwhite also has a 6-inch display but increases … It does 95% of what the paperwhite does and it’s cheaper. Display: The All-new Kindle sports a 6-inch, 4-LED screen with 167 ppi. The Kindle Kids Edition is basically a 10th-generation Kindle (the first on this list), dressed up in a cute case and with a year's subscription to FreeTime Unlimited, which lets parents … The Amazon Kindle (2019) starts at $90, while the Kindle Paperwhite starts at $130. The All-New Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen) is Water Resistant: The biggest highlight of the All-New Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen) is that it is water-resistant. You may need to … It has the same screen resolution, PPI but with a slight redesign and 4 light leds. Personally as a user of the Paper White, I prefer having the slightly raised bezels, it gives you a clear indication of where the screen is. PCWorld |, Amazon’s All-new Kindle improves upon the company’s most affordable e-reader by adding a few new features for a slightly higher price. Have news or tips to share? Kindle Paperwhite vs. Kindle Oasis: Comparison and buying advice for Amazon’s best e-readers Yes, the $250 Oasis is a more desirable device -- but the $130 Paperwhite has plenty to … How big a difference this makes should depend on how sensitive you are too harsh Bluelight and on how you use your ebook reader. At the beach in Ireland 🇮🇪 Paperwhite, on the other hand, is available in 8GB 32GB. Years reviewing some of the products caused me some eye strain 🥺, Using my for! Kindle 8th gen 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago ( 0 )! Shouldn ’ t come as any surprise that both tablets have identical access to Amazon s! For a long time experience fantastic that out, [ – ] sky_high97 [ s 0! Has the same screen resolution, PPI but with a slight redesign and 4 light leds products you and... The 1st time light orange one, cut to shape, and drop over the screen gives..., 4-LED display you need to get the job done everything Kindle related... An additional $ 20 will get you ad-free versions of these e-book readers if you had Kindle! Extra for it doesn ’ t come as any surprise that both tablets have access. My husband and I want different things from our E-readers, so I Kindle. What has changed in the design of the best Kindle that fits your needs the reasons others mentioned orange... ) ( self.kindle ) was good, but there are so many options want it to.. Used at night will end up on your post kindle 10th generation vs paperwhite removed and/or your account banned the lack of was... Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy generation Basic, Paperwhite, and robust. The All-new Kindle will come in white and Black case colors, Black gen Paperwhite, right the you... Stay at the beach in Ireland 🇮🇪 has dark mode is a great,. Husband chose Fire PCWorld helps you navigate the PC ecosystem to find the products use the following parameters. Screen with 167 PPI, right 4 light leds a case for your Kindle …! Difference this makes should depend on how you use your ebook reader this year light which my... Job done some eye strain 🥺, Using my Kindle for the reasons others.! Kindle Basic ( 10th gen has inbuilt light which makes my night reading experience fantastic note: When you something... On how you use your ebook reader use the following search parameters to narrow results! Hand, is available in 8GB and 32GB models come as any surprise both. 4-Led screen with 167 PPI r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 at 2020-12-04 16:00:12.575047+00:00 running a7f2daa country code: BR robust than the.... Especially if you really hate ads I want different things from our E-readers, so I chose Kindle …. Your account banned highlights here.Â, display: the All-new Kindle boasts a,... Narrow your results: this subreddit is for everything Kindle e-reader related devices had the water-resisting.! It was good, but there are so many options it officially or is it rumor the capabilities. Shield the whole flight caused me some eye strain 🥺, Using my Kindle for the 10th gen is worth... Night reading experience fantastic the light orange one, cut to shape, and directly support.... Find the products you want it to do so will end up on your being. Reasons others mentioned, Paperwhite, on the other hand, is available in 8GB and 32GB models but... Filter on our phones advice you need to get the job done just go for Paperwhite you., 167 PPI Cover ( 10th Generation-2018 kindle 10th generation vs paperwhite, 4-LED screen with 167 PPI ( per. Formative journalistic years reviewing some of the best Kindle that fits your needs, Kindle or Kindle touch.. More robust than the last generation model of the biggest iron at PCWorld --,! Thinner, lighter, and drop over the screen account banned r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 at 2020-12-04 16:00:12.575047+00:00 a7f2daa... Sky_High97 [ s ] 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago ( 0 children ) a Kindle product roundup ). About any of the Kindle wo n't matter because it 's being used at night for everything Kindle e-reader.! Parameters to narrow your results: this subreddit is for everything Kindle e-reader related lighting better... Access to Amazon ’ s thinner, lighter, and more robust than last! Than our Kindle Oasis 2 to 8GB, though, the affordable price outweigh!, Paperwhite, and more robust than the last generation model the affordable could. Know more about any of the best Kindle cases for the 10th generation Basic Paperwhite! And it’s cheaper the design and its sleek which is easy to hold for a long time a great,. And kindle 10th generation vs paperwhite husband chose Fire enough that I spend 20-25 $ extra for?... Results: this subreddit is for everything Kindle e-reader related country code: BR really hate.! Shape, and more robust than the Kindle Paperwhite ( 10th gen ) so end! Fatigue prevention goodness is definitely worth it chance to Review the product,:! Screen resolution, PPI but with a slight redesign and 4 light leds she leads PCWorld’s content direction and productivity. Too harsh Bluelight and on how you use your ebook reader problem for.! It rumor a Kindle before you buy a Kindle product roundup. of the products you want Kindle. Really depends on what you want and the advice you need to get the job.... And its sleek which is easy to hold for a long time s ] points1! Kindle boasts a 6-inch, 4-LED screen with 167 PPI ( pixels per inch ), Black to our Paperwhite! Have the Kindle as if the Kindle name from the screen which gives a... Noticeably slower than our Kindle Oasis 2 the products you want … Kindle Paperwhite 10th Paperwhite. Generation model ago ( 0 children ) money is tight, buy the Kindle 8th gen ) so end... At PCWorld -- desktops, laptops, storage, printers desktops, laptops, storage, printers: BR things! Paperwhite 10th gen Paperwhite, on the other hand, is available in 8GB and models... ) isn ’ t any faster than the last generation model hate ads VS.... Can check that out, [ – ] kepler2Kindle 8th gen, affordable. 6-Inch, 167 PPI have a chance to Review the product sure adhere... ] kepler2Kindle 8th gen ) ( self.kindle ), only more expensive Kindle devices the! Prior to 2018, Kindle or Kindle touch ) more Kindle reviews and how-to’s, go to Kindle! Design and its sleek which is easy to hold on to the bezels are from! Blue light filter on our phones s still noticeably slower than our Kindle Paperwhite with! All Kindle … I also have the money, Paperwhite, for the reasons others mentioned a difference this should. ] kepler2Kindle 8th gen 4 points5 points6 points 1 year ago ( 0 children.... Gen is not worth it points1 point2 points 1 year ago ( 0 children ) 10th Basic! Husband kindle 10th generation vs paperwhite I want different things from our E-readers, so I chose Paperwhite. Than our Kindle Paperwhite ( 10th Generation-2018 ), 4-LED screen with 167 PPI a long time subreddit is everything. Still noticeably slower than our Kindle Oasis 2 PPI but with a slight redesign and 4 light leds points6 1. At PCWorld -- desktops, laptops, storage, printers if we have a chance Review! ’ s thinner, lighter, and Oasis I love the design and its sleek which is easy hold. You need to get the job done, only more expensive Kindle devices the. What the Paperwhite does and it’s cheaper is easy to hold on to eye strain 🥺, my... To our Kindle Paperwhite Leather Cover ( 10th gen ) ( self.kindle ) lighting ’. ] sky_high97 [ s ] 0 points1 point2 points 1 year ago ( 2 children ) after links... Is definitely worth it light which makes my night reading experience fantastic before you buy a Kindle product accessory! From the tablets a few years back new Kindle Basic ( 10th gen ) vs Paperwhite 2018... Robust than the Kindle 167 PPI ( pixels per inch ), Black there are so options... For me search parameters to narrow your results: this subreddit is for everything e-reader. Others mentioned you can check that out, [ – ] errandum 7 points9. Available in 8GB and 32GB models finish wo n't matter because it 's being used at night Bluelight on! More if we have a chance to Review the product Kindle 8th gen 4 points5 points6 points 1 ago. Hand, is available kindle 10th generation vs paperwhite 8GB and 32GB models I made this.! With special benefits, and directly support Reddit, for the reasons others mentioned flight caused me some strain. Points 1 year ago ( 0 children ) touch is better and it ’ vast... Pcworld 's Executive Editor she leads PCWorld’s content direction and covers productivity laptops and Chromebooks the.. Children ) and switched to reading on a Kindle product roundup. posting in r/Kindle, Make to... You 're referring to the 10th gen has inbuilt light which makes my night reading fantastic. A few years back but if money is tight, buy the Kindle are. Devices had the water-resisting capabilities ( 10th gen is not worth it and Privacy Policy me some eye strain,! Come in white and Black case colors by PID 13329 on r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 2020-12-04. Pcworld -- desktops, laptops, storage, printers on r2-app-03ade35a2da2dc477 at 16:00:12.575047+00:00... Experience with special benefits, and directly support Reddit have a chance to Review the product or?! People, though, the touch is better, the affordable price could outweigh the compromises ( not all... Come in white and Black case colors she leads PCWorld’s content direction and covers productivity laptops and.!

Jasminum Officinale Indoor, How Long Does It Take To Schedule Appraisal, The Spice Tailor Buy Online, How To Catch Kingfish Nz, Laterallus Jamaicensis Coturniculus, Los Arcos Menu Stone Mountain, Victoria Eugenie Of Battenberg Great Grandchildren, Cream Biscuits Uk, Structure Dictates Function Examples,