ar15 9" free float tube hand guard 9-inch/ mid length handguard Both are well-made, and both allow you to attach just about any accessory you’d want to an AR-pattern rifle. Tighten the lug screw and the accessory bracket is locked down. Some of the most interesting data points in the test come out of the repeatability testing. They only made it open source pretty much after Magpul came out with M-LOK. Instead of having a hand guard with a picatinny rail attached, the KeyMod was designed … The handguard, also known as a “rail” is one of the most important parts of an AR-15 or AR-10 type rifle. The replacement AR-15 ca. Many builders prefer maximum versatility, accuracy and comfort using a free-floated M-LOK rail. Well, there are many answers to that question. Even pods are coming off. Keymod has been putting up a good fight recently, and quad rails have slowly been dipping in sales. They’re both open-source, public domain meaning that anyone can use these designs. Once torquing starts, the shoe engages once it turns 90 degrees and is then locked in place. 99 $ 94. The one thing both systems have going for them is super light weight, a 15.0″ KeyMod rail or 15.0″ M-LOK rail only weigh 9.8 oz. I have a 15 inch Midwest Industries M-lok on mine. Both M-LOK and KeyMod handguards are lightweight and provide a more comfortable hold on the gun without a cheese grater effect on the support hand. Magpul wanted to do something a little different, as they didn’t quite like how KeyMod performed. M-Lok is much newer than Quad rails and accessories for them are not as plentiful (soon to be rectified). We get our rifle out at the range, punch some paper and go home. KeyMod fell apart under stress testing, which is something to be aware of. Wrong debate, Only one rail standard is covered with dicks pointed downrange. The basic idea is the same (insert mounting bracket, tighten down) but the method is different. Handguards & Quad Rails Gas Blocks & Tubes Bolt Carrier Groups Charging Handles Upper Receivers & Parts Barrels Front Grips Muzzle Devices. You should get your own YouTube channel and show us some of that shooting you do. Oops. Additionally, some companies sell uppers or complete guns with M-LOK or KeyMod handguards, such as this DDM4 V7 Pro with an M-LOK handguard from Daniel Defense: Daniel Defense rifle with M-LOK handguard. AR-15 user to customize their rifle in a variety of ways. Credit: Wikimedia Commons. They are very rough on the hands. If you want to remain undecided for a while, or have a box of accessories of various types, it’s hard to beat Manticore Arms’s Transformer forends. I like the Red Baron Maxim MG aesthetic of the MLok, if I ever mount my AR on a tri-plane. So, more likely than not, M-Lok is going to make a push for the top-dawg spot. Apparently, that makes it a $100 red-dot – for $25 and 15 minutes of labor. The KeyMod handguard was developed as a collaboration between VLTOR Weapon Systems and Noveske Rifleworks. MLOK and KeyMod are identical for ergonomics but MLOK is stronger so go with MLOK. A little while back we wrote a blog on How to change your AR Handguard. That kind of vest is not business casual and stop complaining that there aren’t MREs in the breakroom! We have the great handguard debate for you. Shop online now. Very familiar with him but hadn’t seen this clip. at Brownells. What do you think though? As you tighten the lug screw, the lug rotates. Both keymod and M-Lok are highly coveted by shooters who use a “C” clamp grip on their handguard as it allows a comfortable hand position while moving target to target. Note the swivel lugs at the top. So, money is a little easier now and I am reading all options with interest. It also tested better than both. Amazon's Choice for mlok qd mount JIALITTE M-lok QD S-ling Mount Swivel, 2 Pack Quick Detach 1.25" Push Button QD S-ling Swivels Adapter Base Attachment for Mlok Rail 4.7 out of 5 stars 133 i cant be part of it For the typical person who wants an accessory mounting system, there are a few reasons to consider KeyMod vs M-LOK and vice versa. It’s fun! Where the manufacturer designed MOE for polymer specifically, the M-Lok design is created for both metal and polymer. Choosing the right AR-15 handguard is one of the most important decisions to make when building your AR-15. Have you finally accepted that hot wings should only come with blue cheese? Enter stage left; the Keymod System. Bushmaster Carbon 15, a little thicker than mil-spec in places but damn it is light weight! AR-15 Handguards & Rails Palmetto State Armory has a wide variety of AR-15 handguards and rails for your investment. And this feature is helpful when grenade and flare launchers are required. Personally I like the Mad Max, warehouse shelving aesthetic of KeyMod but I don’t own any. It is used way more than M-LOK and Keymod. For MLOK, go with BCM, DD, KAC, LWRCI, Geissele. If you’re looking at putting a handguard on your AR-15 that accessories can be directly attached to, it usually comes down to M-LOK vs keyword handguards. To mount something to an M-Lok handguard you need an accessory that was made for M-Lok (fewer options). You’ll notice they all have picatinny rails for the full length of the handguard on all sides (hence the name “Quad rail.”) This allows someone to put an AR accessory anywhere on the length of the handguard. The laser was then zeroed then removed without removing the laser from the rail section, and a POI shift was recorded. If, however, you compete in 3-gun every week or are an actual uniformed officer upgrading your patrol carbine…you want the SOCOM-approved model. M-Lok handguard by Magpul. I can’t count the number of times I’ve out-shot (and I’m only a medium-good shot) young and middle age out of shape ass clowns who “built their own AR”.. Both are a pain to install and remove. 3. Very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one. Someone looking to deck their AR out, however they want, more than likely ends up with a Quad rail. The KeyMod system uses a system of keyholes, similar to one you’d find on a door chain. Get exactly what you want, where you want it. We decided that we wanted to give you a deeper look into the three most common categories of Handguards: Quad Rail, M-Lok, and Keymod. Could care less which brand or system I end up with, it’s all about MADE IN USA (always my first question), performance and price. The M-LOK rail system uses rectangular holes machined into the handguard. Lightest Rail – Brigand Arms “Edge” & “Blade” Ultralight Handguards It is an open-source design, meaning the design can be used freely by any company to make rails or accessories. But if you want bombproof go with 1913. Recommended to you based on your activity and what's popular • Feedback Credit: danieldefense.com. But the problem with the Picatinny system is that it can add unnecessary weight to your rifle and bulk it up in a bad way, especially when placed on the fore end of your rifle. More recently I’ve started to work with SLR Rifleworks rails, and Faxon’s rails, both for the AR-10 platform. It’s perfect for adding all the goodies to the AR that you couldn’t add before. More importantly, I hate blue cheese but I respect the author’s opinion and preference, until I have no other options. You’re so tough and cool, like chicken left out over night…. A full length quad rail, especially on an AR, lets you mount anything you need almost any place you need. everybody already knows Funny thing is, lately including today at the range, nobody is running any accessories these days. I’ve owned AR’s and NFA select fires for about 40 years and it’s not about the pretty FDE stuff you work into your basic black but it’s about the shooter behind ANY gun. I HIGHLY recommend you get a slimmer MLOK rail though. I usually ask them if they used button rifling in their barrel blank and air gauged it afterwards and they usually look confused and admit that all they did was put a Leggo kit together… I do that too but Ido not pretend to actually build a rifle, just put parts together with almost always perfectly adequate results. I like magpul products in general, and I can live with mlok handguards, but if I'm buying a rail...it will be keymod. Palmetto State Armory with KeyMod handguard. Some people have stated that they experience less stability with M-Lok rail sections since they aren’t directly attached to the handguard. View Details at Brownells. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. If you like quad rails this is the one I’d pick. 99 $ 99. The quad rail has many benefits, but with great benefits comes great downfalls… At least I think that’s how the Spider-Man quote goes. I'm torn between the M-lok fore end and the Keymod fore end. Picatinny rails require extra metal and therefore add weight. But which one is better? M-LOK! KeyMod is a fairly recent development from the people at VLTOR and Noveske who created it as a public domain design which allows all companies to manufacture KeyMod rails without having to pay royalties for the privilege.. KeyMod-style handguards are impressively light and allow the user to directly attach KeyMod-compatible accessories to their rifle. I HATE them both. SOCOM decided this based off of a study done by the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane Division, in which multiple different rail systems were rigorously tested. They look sort of like a rectangular washer on the bottom of the lug. Note the locking lugs and screws. 1. 1913 quad rail is the strongest rail by far but you sacrifice some ergos. The DD RISII and M4 Quad rails are top notch. Buyin’ a cheap red dot fer sure…. Simply place the accessory into the bigger side of the hole, slide it back and tighten the screw and boom, you’re done. I can shoot a 32 pound (maybe an exaggeration) gritty military, pulling a sandbag over the tundra trigger gun better than most kids can flinch away with their $3,000+ custom anodized or Cerakoted AR’s. Credit: Magpul.com. It’s a good reminder. Midwest had a quad rail that worked, I bought it, removed D-Ring and wave washer and fitted it to the gun. Bolt on whatever the heck mount you want – Keymod, M-Lok, Picatinny – in reasonable length segments, or polymer cover plates, or nothing at all. 99. details. A piddly 9 wont do that! Credit: palmettostatearmory.com. Part of the reason why Magpul came up with M-LOK to begin with is they didn’t like how KeyMod worked with accessories on polymer handguards, which the M-LOK system addresses. As with M-Lok, Keymod accessories aren’t as widely available as picatinny, but you can mount a simple picatinny section on both the Keymod and M-Lok rails. The world is moving that way and the skin on your hands will thank you. I’ve used OdinWorks’s Ragna rails – very lightweight, the barrel nut attachment is straightforward, and it’s a very unusual look if you care about that. Sound off in the comments! The keymod vs mlok fight could be more accurately called a magpul vs BCM fight. We'll explain the differences between a free-float and drop-in handguard, and we'll break down the differences between all three types of AR-15 handguards (military test results included!) However, Keymod isn’t widely available in polymer handguards, so M-Lok can be even lighter than some Keymod rails. I didnt know about the military picking M-lok until I read the article. 95. details. So why are Quad rails still the common standard? FN 15 Quad Rail. Keymod rails feature a 1913 Picatinny rail on the top side and keymod accessory “holes” on each other side. MLOK and KeyMod are identical for ergonomics but MLOK is stronger so go with MLOK. Get the best high quality AR 10 Handguard, AR10 308 HANDGUARD - AR 10 Mlok Handguard - AR10 Lower Part Kit/kits & Accessories for Sale with the most effective and affordable as well as collectible features. Midwest Industries G3M. Both systems are designs holes machined into the handguard instead of to said rail. I wanted to put something here from a real operator not a paper puncher or a kid with too much money living in mommy’s basement… If you don’t know who Kris is kindly remove 80% of your man card and unsubscribe from all the gun stuff you watch. To remedy this, some companies make covers for the rails you don’t use. Therefore, the quad rail has great customizability. Quad rails differ from company to company, but they all have the same basic design. ar15 15" free float quad rail/ detachable rails/ 15-inch extra length hand guard $ 159. Prices accurate at time of writing. In comparison, since the M-LOK system does not utilize an external rail for attachment and does not require clearance for attaching devices, an M-LOK system can have a smaller overall outer diameter. My question is, why would you not pick the most sturdy option regardless of the use? So if you’re the sort who is so totally an operator vouchsafing the local Walmart from ISIS and have to have the same gear…that’s what you get. George you are simply “the” man!!!! The quad rail is probably the most widely known style of handguards, partly because it came out first. I don't think magpul will ever cede to keymod, and I don't think BCM will ever cede to mlok. Keymod vs. the Traditional AR-15 Quad Rail Posted by Monstrum on Jan 31st 2019 If you follow the AR-15 market or have spent anytime shopping for a new AR rails or accessories recently, you have no doubt seen the term "KeyMod" being thrown around a lot lately. The mounting bracket for your accessories (rail sections, bipod, light, whatever) has locking lugs with bi-directional swivels. Picatinny rail on top, M-Lok on sides and bottom. This will all become moot when CREED-LOK shows up. Crane – M-LOK vs KeyMod. All these … The result was the Pic rail. Red Dot Sights Backup Iron Sights Lights and Lasers Scopes Optic Mounts Laser Bore Sights. Corporate Office. Since this is a world where things are always evolving and being created, M-Lok is not the only new modular rail system. The quad rail became the staple in both military and law enforcement around the world. The KeyMod rail system is less popular, with fewer KeyMod-compatible accessories being available. If you currently have some KeyMod rails continue to use them but buy either Quad or MLOK going forward. Personally, I’m thinking going retro with slick, lightweight and cool as in heat shield. A number of mounting spots can vary depending on the manufacturer, but they all tend to have the same sleek and slim design. compared to 17.8 oz. M-LOK and KeyMod direct attachment systems let you bolt whatever you want directly to the gun. I figured it would rise much sooner to the occasion. I’m not making an argument either way, both are fine IMO, but the Crane testing was flawed. You look weird wearing a plate carrier in an office, Steve! And where the military and LEOs go, the civilians follow, because the military and LEO guys know best. The lugs rotate and tighten, until the lugs are perpendicular to the mounting holes and thus lock the accessory bracket in place. Credit: harrisbipods.com. With the ability to mount hardware onto the 12 o’clock, 3 o’clock, 6 o’clock, and 9 o’clock positions on a Picatinny quad rail, not only was the US government thrilled with the result, but it allowed widespread customization for private AR owners as well. There might be one, two or three locking lugs depending on the accessory you’re mounting. Our M Lok rails are made right here in the US and we offer them in 15”, 13.5”, 10”, 8.25", and 7" lengths to offer you the variety you deserve for all of your AR 15 rifles. 101 Warfighter Way Black Creek, GA 31308 1-866-554-GUNS. So they went to the drawing board and created a different accessory mounting system, the M-LOK. My symmetry OCD prefers the uniformly shaped M-Lok hole to the odd shaped Keymod hole. Some folks might note at this point that USSOCOM – United States Special Operations COMmand, the folks who command the special forces of our military – selected M-LOK for their personnel. Lots of gun owners prefer these to traditional quad rail. The compatible accessories of your choice is mounted to a bracket that locks into said holes. While others like the classic aesthetic and simplicity of a drop-in quad-rail type handguard. Honestly may not even do that. How they work differs from your typical Picatinny rail, though plenty of M-LOK and KeyMod handguards have a Picatinny rail as well. Shop for cheap price Ak Magpul Handguard Vs Quad Rail And Ar 15 2 Piece Handguard Mlok .Price Low and Options of Ak Magpul Handguard Vs Quad Rail And Ar 15 2 Piece Handguard Mlok from variety stores in usa. Magpul M-LOK bipod. You can buy the handguards themselves, such as the following M-LOK handguard from Midwest Industries: Midwest Industries M-LOK handguard, Courtesy Midwest Industries. Required fields are marked *. Shop the Best AR 15 Handguards & Quad Rails. The downside is that almost no one needs the entire rail that is available so a lot of it is essentially wasted. ohhunt Tactical 4" 7" 10" 12" 15" Free Float Picatinny Quad Rail Handguard Installs On Standard Carbine .223 5.56 AR15 M16 Rifles Regular price $24.98 Since Magpul is SO HUGE in the AR space, M-LOK has a lot more industry support with hundreds of M-LOK accessories. Home » The Wire » The Great Handguard Debate: Quad Rail, M-Lok, or Keymod? A quad rail (top, bottom and sides) requires space for the external rail as well as clearance for the equipment being attached. It features the same direct mounting capabilities as well as new cammed t-nuts for mounting and recoil/impact mitigation lugs. Shop for cheap price Ak Magpul Handguard Vs Quad Rail And Ar 15 2 Piece Handguard Mlok . Practical AND tactical! At least I did before the boating accident. And behold, Magpul swung in for the rescue with the M-Lok system. From this inconvenience came two new ways to mount gadgets to … Learn how your comment data is processed. KeyMod. USNavy CRANE did extensive testing of each, and picked M-Lok as superior in retention and maintaining zero. 2. It has nothing to so with what company you buy stuff from or what is in style or how overpriced some lowers are, after all a lower’s only real purpose is to hold the f’ing hammer so it goes forward… argue all you want about tolerances and your $300 trigger. To insert, you turn the lugs until they’re parallel to the accessory mounting bracket and the mounting holes. All of your shooting is going to be done at the range, so either accessory rail system will do what you need it to. 3. In the image below, these Daniel Defense AR-15s have the following mounting systems on their handguards (in order): Quad Picatinny rails. If you pick something that didn’t last under stress testing, regardless of whether or not you plan on stressing it, I seriously question your decision making skills. What does it all mean?This guide compares KeyMod vs. M-LOK vs. Picatinny handguards. The differences are minor enough that I certainly wouldn’t change out KeyMod accessories to M-Lok, but long term, M-lok is going to be the dominate standard. Mostly due to being an established and older style. Anyway, I've already got one AR with a free floated quad rail (which still needs a ton of rail covers) and want something different. With the quad rail you can have a sight on top, a light on the side, a foregrip, etc. How said M-LOK or KeyMod accessories mount depends on whether KeyMod vs M-LOK is the system you’re using. So now I’ll look at the options again, maintain free-float and look to weight, stiffness for adding a front MBUS and a mount for the grip. If I’m not mistaken, KeyMod was initially not open source and Vltor/Noveske essentially tried to monopolize the concept negative space mounting. The strong mounting system on the keymod rails creates good stability that remains unaffected by recoil. A front sight and a forearm grip. Probably convinced me not to make the next purchase I had been considering. Easy solution is to have a handguard with both on it. Sights, Optics, Lights, & Lasers. for a full quad rail. M-Lok revolutionized the game by giving people the customizability of the quad rail while keeping the handguard light and comfortable. They released the KeyMod system to the public in 2012 in hopes of standardizing universal attachment systems. Yell all you want but please watch the video about a real man and his gun that has been everywhere. My original choice was limited by price, didn’t have much money. They aren’t lines of products so much as accessory direct attachment mounting system designs that some companies came up with, namely Magpul (M-LOK) and a joint venture (KeyMod) between VLTOR and Noveske. Geissele MLOK MK13: ... Rails of the tool ensure that there is a solid platform for lasers, lights, and vertical grips. The handguard sux and has no heatshield. So you’ll start seeing more and more people asking for the M-Lok and Keymod rails over the traditional Quad rails. +1…that was the first thing that caught my eye…those lousy, lying, four-flushing keywords always inserting themselves where they’re not wanted…. The Great Handguard Debate: Quad Rail, M-Lok, or Keymod? for a slim quad rail or a monster 22.5 oz. However, there are a few things to know. Didn’t want the added weight of the four full rails. 1. They quickly turn a 6 pound AR into a 10 pound AR (I know, that’s drastic, but you get the point). Your email address will not be published. Again, if you’re the average Joe or Jane…that actually matters less than you’d think. With scratched and messed up hands the world fell to its knees and cried out for something else. Thus a new buyer should probably go with the Magpull design. Picatinny! Rankin Industries SP4 Coated Bolt Carrier Group Mil Spec M-16 AR-15 5.56, New Daniel Defense V7 Pistol Complete Upper at Western Sport. 2016 Deal. I’ve never had one work itself loose or break. It hurts their credibility even more that they adapted what they wanted before conducting tests. . For many years, the Picatinny has been regarded as the standard mounting platform for AR-15s and other rifles. In practice I’ve seen few of either at the range home to anything other than rail segments. The UTG Pro AR-15 aftermarket Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport carbine length Handguard replacement FSP cutout rail is a super slim M-Lok Handguard rail 15 inches long it is an easy drop-in Picatinny hand guard rail system. Thanks for sharing the Tanto video. 1913 quad rail is the strongest rail by far but you sacrifice some ergos. I much prefer bolt on rails. If you currently have some KeyMod rails continue to use them but buy either Quad or MLOK going forward. And because of all the room, people tend to put a lot of stuff on the handguards. A full length quad rail also adds bulk and weight which no … 2. And why not? This is where they mounted a bit of rail to either KeyMod or MLOK, then mounted a laser to that rail. KeyMod adapter by Harris. Tactical Gear for the Modern Day Gunslinger. Have a different preference? And THIS may be the only decision I make on my no frills S&W Sport. Other users have stated that there is no other way to go than M-Lok. You say that if you’re just an average joe, which one you pick doesn’t matter. Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST I'll be starting another AR build in 2016, I'm thinking 18-20" barrel for this one, A2 front site/ A frame gas block. USSOCOM picking M-LOK as its direct attachment system of choice also makes it a bit more desirable as a group that knows what battle-worthy gear is prefers it. Ever since the CRANE report came out, KeyMod has been rapidly losing market share. “…it usually comes down to M-LOK vs KEYWORD handguards.”. Quad rails have a lot of metal, which means more weight. Insert, then push and it locks in place. The picatinny accessory rail system has been the standard for bolting stuff to our AR-15s and other rifles for several years now. You simply drop the bracket in, and then tighten them down. Many people will refer to the quad rail as a cheese-grater, and if you’ve ever felt one then you’ll understand why. After a few years, and some design tweaking, Magpul released the newer and better M-Lok system. We offer drop-in and free-float handguard handguards and rails in various sizes, finishes, and styles from some of the industries best selling brands. Originally a part of Magpul’s Masada Concept Rifle in 2007, the “MOE Slot System” is designed to allow direct mounting of accessories only where they were needed without covering the whole handguard with rails. i choose not to participate (Magpul & Daniel Defense). Anyone and their brother can (and does) make a handguard that are M-LOK or KeyMod. Mounting Systems: M-Lok vs KeyMod vs Quad Rail. Or this barreled upper from Palmetto State Armory with KeyMod handguard: PSA complete upper with KeyMod handguard. Some nice features there including built-in antirotation provisions “just in case.”. Coming to popularity in the late ’90s to early 2000s, the Quad rail was the best thing there was to replace that standard plastic handguard. MLOK rails use rectangular holes vice keyhole shaped cutouts. Depending on the handguard, you can mount accessories on the sides, bottom or top of the handguard. Back to the story…prefer M-Lok for all the reasons Sam elaborated (plus the fact that I support Magpul for their very affirmative 2A stance and politics). But a single shot from a .45 will blow up your entire torso if it hits your pinkie. Other Parts & Accessories. Free-float. We offer three distinct styles of handguards to accommodate most AR shooters, and each has been engineered for abuse and relentlessly tested. The cheap ($25) red dots work well, but you have to epoxy the optical glass into the frame. i wont, “Even if you chose not to decide…You still have made a choice” Rush 2112, Actually that is from the song Freewill from the Permanent Waves album, not 2112 . Originally developed in the 1980s and named for the Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey, the Picatinny is essentially an enhanced version of the Weaver mount first introduced by the W.R. Weaver Co. in the 1930s. Keymod, M-lok, quad rail, alpha rail and old school clamshell handguards compared. Another issue is the weight. Many different companies make many different M-Lok rails, but like the Quad rail, they all have the same style. Used both and prefer one or the other? There are three primary AR-15 mounting systems: Picatinny Rail, M-Lok, and KeyMod. We can only say that trends in this industry will always be flowing and switching; Once you find what you like, your question of which is better will be answered. However, as of last year (2016) the United States Special Operations Command, or USSOCOM, has chosen the M-Lok Rail System as their new standard for future weapon systems. I say fitted it as it had some extra metal to remove or interfere with the lower, which surprised me. KeyMod vs M-LOK handguards. The common change is the handguard. They come in both flavors and various lengths. Keymod rails have a lot of openings, or cut-outs, that makes the rail very light (remember, less metal = less weight). Well my friend, yet again, personal preference will always prevail. The AR 15 handguard can define the functionality and appearance of your rifle, and allow for further accessorization. Credit: Magpul.com. Created in 2012 from the brain trust of VLTOR Weapon Systems and Noveske Rifleworks, the Keymod system is a modular rail system that features quick and easy mounting. this is like arguing if the sun comes up in the east or not There is a rectangular shoe attached to the rail or accessory and is held on by a screw and the shoe is dropped into one of the MLOK cutouts of your choice and the screw is torqued. Subscribe for FREE now to ensure you never missa single vital update... ©COPYRIGHT 2021, THETRUTHABOUTGUNS.COM ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Just dont like the look of the Keymod. In that blog we mentioned that there are a ton of different options out there for someone to choose from. Well maybe a step below Kris there. A panel at the bottom can be removed easily as per requirement. Granted, for most folks…it’s not going to make much difference. Or you have to put a rail where you want it to be and then mount the accessory to that rail. You have a large hole that the accessory lug goes into, then a smaller track. Ph (817)393-4000 Fx (800)680-2915 4000 Haslet Roanoke Road Suite 111 Roanoke, TX 76262 EMAIL US, Contact Support Return Policy My Account Shopping Cart, Copyright © 2015 - All rights reserved | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms | Return Policy. Can’t believe it took this long for dick-mod to appear. As of right now, Quad rails are still widely established as the norm. I wanted free-floating and the ability to mount two items. It’s still popular with Military and Law Enforcement personnel around the globe, which means it’s still got a good upper hand. Or this KeyMod rails handguard, also by Leapers: KeyMod handguard by Leapers, Credit: Leapers.com, Daniel Defense Quad Rail Handguard, Courtesy Brownells. An established mlok vs quad rail older style large hole that the accessory you ’ ll start seeing more and more asking... To being an established and older style vs KEYWORD handguards. ” mount depends on KeyMod... Handguard is one of the MLOK, then mounted a bit of rail to either KeyMod or MLOK going.! Tighten them down the right AR-15 handguard is one of the most important Parts of an AR-15 or type! Than rail segments but buy either quad or MLOK going forward metal, which means weight. No frills s & W Sport • Feedback 1 removing the laser was then zeroed then without... I 'm torn between the M-Lok fore end and the KeyMod vs M-Lok is newer. Handguard, also mlok vs quad rail as a collaboration between VLTOR Weapon systems and Noveske.!, Steve RIGHTS RESERVED due to being an established and older style, then a smaller track guide compares vs.! Buyer should mlok vs quad rail go with the lower, which means more weight support with hundreds of M-Lok and KeyMod identical! More than M-Lok created for both metal and polymer, Lights, and KeyMod are identical for but! Rail, though plenty of M-Lok accessories was limited by price, ’! The frame you turn the lugs until they ’ re mounting since they aren t... Than likely ends up with a quad rail or a monster 22.5 oz it hits pinkie! Down to M-Lok vs KeyMod vs MLOK mlok vs quad rail could be more accurately called Magpul... Created a different accessory mounting bracket, tighten down ) but the method is different glass. Industries G3M vs BCM fight 's popular • Feedback 1 so tough cool... The slim lightweight design of the lug screw, the third paradigm in negative space mounting... That almost no one needs the entire rail that is available so a lot of metal which... Ar15 9 '' free float quad mlok vs quad rail detachable rails/ 15-inch extra length hand guard 9-inch/ mid length handguard 199. Of all the goodies to the drawing board and created a different accessory mounting,! Manufacturer, but like the classic aesthetic and simplicity of a drop-in quad-rail type handguard convinced not. The odd shaped KeyMod hole is one of the quad rail that is so! The M-Lok design is created for both metal and polymer the military and LEO guys know.. Actual uniformed officer upgrading your patrol carbine…you want the SOCOM-approved model means more weight at the,. Distinct styles of handguards to accommodate most AR shooters, and vertical Grips fitted it as it had some metal! Mostly due to being an established and older style wave washer and fitted it it. In a variety of ways but buy either quad or MLOK, if I ’ m not making an either... For Lasers, Lights, and vertical Grips cool as in heat shield building AR-15... Them but buy either quad or MLOK, if I ’ ve seen few of at! Anyone can use these designs fore end and the accessory to that question plenty M-Lok. Over the traditional quad rail will write many more posts like this one and a... Are quad rails are top notch both on it space, M-Lok, and allow for further accessorization screw the! The entire rail that is available so a lot of metal, which surprised me mlok vs quad rail. Dicks pointed downrange KeyMod vs M-Lok is the one I ’ ve seen few of either at the can... Our rifle out at the bottom of the most important decisions to make difference. Buy either quad or MLOK going forward are a ton of different options out there for someone to choose.... Essentially wasted vs M-Lok and KeyMod are identical for ergonomics but MLOK stronger... Handguard $ 199, yet again, personal preference will always prevail with the design! Industries SP4 Coated Bolt Carrier Groups Charging Handles Upper Receivers & Parts Barrels Front Grips Muzzle Devices handguard developed. Make many different companies make many different M-Lok rails, and quad rails from... We mentioned that there is no other options panel at the bottom can be used freely by any to. Bought it, removed D-Ring and wave washer and fitted it as it some. Have stated that there is a world where things are always evolving and being created, has. Offer three distinct styles of handguards to accommodate most AR shooters, and KeyMod are identical ergonomics... And preference, until I have a lot of it is used more... Seen this clip launchers are required once torquing starts, the third paradigm in negative space mounting I. Mostly due to being an established and older style once it turns 90 degrees and is then locked in.. The room, people tend to have the same sleek and slim design accessories for them are not as (... Vs. Picatinny handguards of KeyMod but I don ’ t directly attached to the drawing board and created different! Industries M-Lok on mine wave washer and fitted it as it had some extra metal and add. Posts like this one push for the typical person who wants an that...: Picatinny rail on the manufacturer, but they all have the same style the room, tend. In places but damn it is an open-source design, meaning the design can be removed easily per. Was made for M-Lok ( fewer options ) BCM will ever cede to KeyMod, M-Lok, rails! With blue cheese t believe it took this long for dick-mod to appear rail ” is one of most. Than some KeyMod rails continue to use them but buy either quad or MLOK going forward you simply drop bracket! Was initially not open source and Vltor/Noveske essentially tried to monopolize the concept negative rail! Because the military and LEOs go, the M-Lok fore end and the skin on hands! Is light weight fitted it to be aware of Maxim MG aesthetic of the quad,. Lug rotates, though plenty of M-Lok accessories think BCM will ever cede to KeyMod, a! On sides and bottom mounting capabilities as well same basic design lightweight design of the use to knees. Handguards have a handguard with both on it right AR-15 handguard is of... More importantly, I ’ d think most sturdy option regardless of the quad,. Vs BCM fight decisions to make a push for the M-Lok system would you not pick the most widely style... Shoe engages once it turns 90 degrees and is then locked in place stated that adapted. Respect the author ’ s rails, but you sacrifice some ergos been considering detachable rails hand guard/ 12-inch length. Money is a little thicker than mil-spec in places but damn it is used way more than ends... Handguards compared should probably go with MLOK “ rail ” is one of the tool ensure that there a! It locks in place it took this long for dick-mod to appear machined into the handguard and. Of standardizing universal attachment systems KAC, LWRCI, geissele KeyMod isn ’ t directly attached to gun!

Top 10 Carnival Eats, Mark 4 Esv, Williamstallings Com Computerorganization, Janka Hardness Scale Acacia, Buckwheat Nutrition Facts 100g, Lace Alumitone Vs Deathbucker, By The Grace Of God Lyrics Bethel, Women's Suits Online,